Rapid advances in technology continue to change the atmosphere of accounting and bookkeeping.
We believe that you should not be tied down to any single piece of software and be free to choose whichever software you want to use for your business or charity organisation we can do your bookkeeping using any software of your choice. Don’t let anyone tell you what software you should use.
At ParishAccounts.com, we’re continuously studying online technologies and accounting applications to better serve our dynamic customer base. The “cloud movement” has picked up momentum and today there are a number of cloud-based accounting applications helping to streamline the accounting and bookkeeping processes. Henceforth, if your business or charity is using any of the following bookkeeping softwares (ignore the order of listing below) then we can work with you:
1. Sage Small Business software suite. Save time and resource by using software to automate processes for managing your finances, payroll, and accepting payments. No matter your industry, take care of everything from controlling cash flow to creating and sending invoices with award-winning small business financial software that delivers results.
2. FreeAgent is a cloud-based accounting solution for freelancers, accountants and small businesses owners to manage invoices, expenses, payroll, tax returns and other accounting tasks. FreeAgent also offers dedicated mobile apps for iOS and Android devices. FreeAgent allows accountants to set up recurring invoices which are automatically sent to clients as reminders to make payments. Users can also track expenses by uploading the photo of an expense receipt with the FreeAgent mobile app. The solution offers a built-in stopwatch feature to manage timesheets and track employee hours. The user dashboard provides an overview of key business metrics from a single screen. Business owners can track invoices, estimates, timelines and project status. Tax timeline features also provide updates and reminders about deadlines and tax dues. FreeAgent uses a 256-bit secure socket layer connection to secure user data.
3. Zoho Books is a cloud-based accounting solution suitable for small organizations. It features contact management, invoices, expenses, sales and purchase orders, project time tracking and inventory management. Zoho Books comes with automatic bank feeds, collaborative client portal, accounting and taxing, online payments, invoice templates and analytical reports. Organizations can automate recurring activities such as billing, payment reminders, auto charge and payment thank you note. Zoho Books allows users to manage multiple time sheets of different projects and tracking of reimbursable expenses. Organizations can also connect bank and credit card accounts and match automated feeds with transactions. Zoho Books updates the quantity and value of the items sold and purchased. It sends the notification to purchase items when stock levels fall below a defined value. The solution has the analytical capabilities to provide reports of receivables, payables, cash flow, income and expenses via its dashboard. Support is provided via knowledge base and phone.
4. FreshBooks is a web-based accounting solution that caters to small businesses. FreshBooks serves various industries, such as marketing, legal services and business consulting, trades and home services and information technology (IT). Key features of FreshBooks include invoicing, expense tracking, time tracking, reporting and payments management. Users can brand their invoices, accept online payments and set auto payment reminders. Expenses can be tracked by attaching receipts to invoices, creating recurring expenses and taking snapshots of receipts. Financial statuses can be viewed through profit and loss statements, tax summaries and expense reports. FreshBooks categorizes credit card transactions fees and provides a summary of all deposits on its dashboard. The system’s time tracking module can extract unbilled project hours into invoices, record billable time and provide an analysis of time spent on projects. FreshBooks can also be integrated with Paypal, MailChimp, Zenpayroll and Basecamp.
5. QuickBooks Online is a web-based accounting solution that caters to individual accountants and small businesses. The solution helps with bank reconciliation, tracking expenses, drafting invoices and monitoring financial reports, among others. QuickBooks Online enables users to download and reconcile credit card transactions. The solution also allows businesses to organize weekly timesheets and track bank deposits. Users can take photos of bills and submit them as expense proofs or share with the concerned stakeholders. QuickBooks solution offers customizable templates that can be branded with the business logo and desired field to generate invoices, bills and reports. The solution also helps to generate various financial reports such as profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow statements and more. Businesses can implement setting permission levels for different individuals to ensure secure accessibility of financial data as per the business role. QuickBooks Online also allows importing data from integrated applications such as Paypal, American Express and Square. Other features include creating recruiting invoices, sending payment receipts online, configuring rules for payment reminders and tracking receivables.
6. Xero is a web-based accounting system designed for small and growing businesses. Xero connects small businesses with their trusted advisors and provides business owners with instant visibility of their financial position. As a web-based solution, Xero can be accessed from any device with an active Internet connection. With Xero’s robust accounting features, small businesses can view their cash flows, transactions and account details from any location. Bank transactions are all automatically imported and coded. Online bill pay helps keep track of spending and stay on top of bills due, improving relationships with the vendors that provide critical business materials. With Xero, personal expenses can also be managed with mobile review and approval of each receipt. Xero offers unlimited user support and integration with a variety of systems, including ADP, Bill.com and Vend. The solution comes with 30-days free trial period for product testing and feature evaluation.
7. Clear Books is a cloud-based accounting solution for small businesses. It enables users to track key financial numbers through a dashboard. The solution can send automatic payment reminders and supports multiple currencies to create customizable invoices. Features of Clear Books includes fixed asset registers, dashboard, contacts, purchases, sales, reports and more. The solution allows business owners and accountants to import bank statements and reconcile statements for multiple accounts. Users can also keep track of expenses and purchases by entering details about suppliers who owe money and expected claims. Clear Books has advanced reporting tools which allow users to view balance sheets, profit and loss statements, audit logs and trial balance reports. Clear Books provides built-in templates to calculate dividends and pay outs. The solution also provides integration with FreshBooks, PayPal, Google, MailChimp, ChannelGrabber, Commusoft, DueDil and Capsule.
8. Wave is a web-based integrated accounting solution exclusively designed for small businesses, freelancers, and consultants. Wave provides features including accounting, invoicing, billing, payment tracking, payroll management, finance management, and receipts. With the bank reconciliation feature, businesses can link their bank accounts, PayPal accounts and other sources of data for real-time transaction records. Businesses can also generate reports such as balance sheets, sales tax reports and account receivable and payable reports with Wave accounting. Wave accounting system also provides an invoicing tool to collect money, and users can choose the template of their choice as per the organization’s needs. Invoices can be sent via email, and the system’s payment processing allows users to collect credit card payments. Wave payroll (supported in the U.S. and Canada) comes with features such as direct deposit and employee self-service. The personal finance tool features a budgeting tool, real-time investment tracking and a dashboard for personal finance management.
9. KashFlow is a cloud-based accounting solution that caters to businesses of all sizes. Features include invoicing, estimation, credit control, accounting, purchase management, payroll and reporting. Users can create invoices and receive email alerts when a payment is due. It also manages credit by sending automatic reminder letters to debtors. Quotations and estimates can be turned into invoices once the customer accepts them. KashFlow can graphically represent financial data such as balance sheets, creditors and debtors, customer history reports, trial balance and transactions. KashFlow can automate recurring purchases and alert suppliers on payment. Bank accounts can be linked to the software and continuously monitored. The system also helps users file VAT returns directly to HMRC and create a journal through a year-end report. KashFlow can be integrated with a customer relationship management (CRM) system, as well as e-commerce, email programs, payment processors, payroll software and inventory management software.
10. ZipBooks is a cloud-based accounting and payment processing solution designed for small businesses and accountants. ZipBooks allows users to create customized invoices with logos, themes and messages. The online bookkeeping functionality of the software includes accounts receivable and bank reconciliation. With the help of bank integration, the system automatically imports transactions and generates real-time reports of company expenses. ZipBooks offers project management tools that allow users to create tasks, assign them to team members and track performance with a built-in time-tracker. ZipBooks Accountants can text their clients directly from the app for streamlined communication and reconciliation. ZipBooks Starter plan is completely free. Add-ons include payroll integration, reputation management and bookkeeping services.
11. Kashoo is an easy-to-use accounting solution for freelancers, small business owners, and independent entrepreneurs to track income and expenses, manage taxes, send invoices, and other accounting functions. Kashoo also has an iOS app that can be accessed both through the iPhone as well as the iPad. On mobile devices, offline work mode is supported, and data is synced once an internet connection is established. Get paid faster with Kashoo by creating and sending customizable invoices and using the built-in payment processing system. Users can also track expenses by attaching expense receipts—never worry about losing receipts for tax filing again. Kashoo also enables users to automate the process of bank reconciliation by syncing data with various banks across the globe. Business owners can export the financial reports they need right from Kashoo. Profit and loss statements, accounts receivable, balance sheets and more are supported. Use the reports for making informed business decisions and to prepare accurate tax filings. See all of your business financial data at-a-glance in these reports as well as on the Dashboard.